Wednesday, February 25, 2009

She speaks!

For those of you who know that I was actually quite worried about our littlest one for the simple fact that she didn't speak. Yes, she would randomly eek out a word here and there, but nothing consistantly. Ashlie, mom, dad, Kate..pretty much it. I know she's only 2 1/2, but my other two girls were walking dictionaries...so a little worried.

Fast forward to last Thursday. Emma Kate is OBSESSED with telling jokes. Mainly knock-knock jokes. (Yeah for us) She only knows 2, so we hear them all the time. Livvie jumps in bed with me...kisses me...(love it...not only did I actually get to sleep all night without a 2 year old on top of me, I get kisses too). Then all of a sudden...

O: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
O: Joe
Me: Joe Who
O: Joe Momma
?!?!?!?!

What the heck?! We don't say milk, water, juice, more..nothing. A knock knock joke?! I about lost it. Since then, it's like she found her vocal chords.

So last night she woke up at like 10ish...great, right. So we played the bedtime routine game...in bed...out of bed...in bed out of bed...Of course me, being so tired thought I would count first. Seriously why do I do this...it is the most ineffective parenting thing I do with my kids..but I'm tired okay.
Me: 1.......2.......
O: 3, 4, 5 SMILE
Me: Did you just count Livvie?
O: 6, 7, 10 SMILE
Me: You're a stinker. You've probably been able to talk the whole time and just didn't want to.
O: Smile. Giggles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think that you have quite the intelligent girl there in Olivia :D

She probably has been fooling you all this time and could speak quite well but figured not speaking was more fun!!

Elaine

Pam said...

How funny! Just found your site off of Amanda Bacon's, so checked it out to see where you are living now...Washington? My dear friend, Stacy Spakousky, moved to Washington in December. She's in Cheney...where are you? She misses AK terribly! Do you? Our Thomas is just really starting to put words together recently too. He went from nothing to 3 word sentences in just a few days it felt like! Crazy kids!!!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!!I bet she could talk but everyone talked for her :) That is soooo funny. What else has she said? how are ya'll doing?