Saturday, March 1, 2008
School Themed Cake for Auction
Ashlie's school was having a Spaghetti Feed with a Silent Auction. So they called and asked if I would like to donate a cake to be auctioned. Since Meredith and I had practiced with tips (well, I practiced, she taught) I thought I would make a fancier cake, but decided that I would make a school themed cake instead. After all, I didn't really know what someone would do with the cake anyway. So I chose this one. Thanks to Meredith for the pretty handwriting and border....oh and the 'weaved' snowshoe laces :) I was pretty happy with the end results. I think next time I would cover with fondant instead of buttercream. I'm way too much of a perfectionist to ever truly be happy with buttercream as a cover. But it is yummy! The cake was a white almond/vanilla flavor and the filling was white chocolate buttercr
eam..
.not to
o shabby.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are incredible!!! That cake is so awesome! You are quite the talented lady!
I love the cake! It is super cute. If you were closer I would have you give me lessons. Love it!!
Amazing as usual!! :)
Post a Comment