Thursday, May 15, 2008

Should I just start over?

Okay, I realize that it has been forever since I've posted. Guess you could say I've been a little preoccupied. Regardless...here it is. It seems as though I should just start completely over, but will try and catch it up. :)

Jason and our little family just moved to Washington state ~ about an hour and 45 mins from Spokane to the little town of Grand Coulee. We were fortunate enough to find a house that will be great for us. It's right across the road from the river. It's got a great bike path that goes along the river, so we've been taking the kids over there at night and going for walks. Today it was 85 and should be 95 on Saturday! Do you even know how much I am loving this?! Well, I got a little overanxious today about starting my 'tan'. Yeah, I burned. What can I say..we were the only people in town today wearing shorts and tank tops! :) Good thing we still have Alaska plates on our car! Maybe that will explain our water / ice cream obsession. :)

What else? Oh, every year here they have a celebration to kick off the summer season (or something, we really haven't figured it out yet). Anyhow, they have a carnival, parade, rodeo (although we've found that they have a rodeo for everything..I think that just comes with the territory of living in Small Town, USA.) So when Jason was at the bank he grabbed a flier on the events, signed the girls up for a few drawings, etc. Well, in order to win any of the prizes, you had to be present to win...Yep, the drawing was at the rodeo. I literally thought that Emma Kate was going to lose her lunch. She has such a sensitive nose....the heat, rain and the rodeo were not such a great combo :) Anyway, they were getting ready to draw for a little play house. I say little, but it's an 8x8 house with a 4' porch out the front. Like real windows, doors, shingles, the whole nine yards. They pull a name and wait..no answer. They pull another name...no answer. The next name? Emma Kate Pepperd. I could not believe it! I thought Ashlie was going to fall out of the bleachers. Emma? She had no clue what was going on. But she won it! :) The girls are thrilled. Although the contractor who donated it hasn't delivered it yet, the girls have already been coming up with colors they want to paint the walls. They are so their mothers daughters :)

Well, I fell like I have babbled on. I will post pics at a later date. We are having internet bugs right now and I can't use that much bandwidth. As soon as I can though, I will post pics to get my 'real' blog updated....and from the trip too.

If you are wondering our new info...here it is:

Chantel 509.797.3891
Jason 509.797.3890

We do not have a land line..so these are it.

5 comments:

Ryan & Carly said...

Yay, I found your blog! I was just wondering how things were going and if anyone had an update and then I found you on Amanda's blog! The heat sounds awesome! I am jealous!
Carly :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the update!! I'm glad to hear that you are loving it there...I had a good giggle over the rodeo story. Hooray for Emma winning a playhouse!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm so excited for you and your family!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Bacon Writer said...

YEA! An update!! I thought I'd check just in case! :) So glad you guys are settling in... miss you and the family. That is awesome about the playhouse! Welcome to town, Pepperds!

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so happy that everything is going well for you guys! That is so funny that little Emma won a playhouse- I wish I could have seen all you girls' faces- yours especially! I look forward to reading about your drive down as I'm sure you have some funny Emma stories. We're going to miss your Mommy Moments at MOPS next year! Keep in touch and enjoy your warm weather~ Rachel