Friday, February 29, 2008
Wilton 101 with Meredith
My friend Meredith and I both decorate cakes. She was telling me that she has a wedding cake due and we were discussing different ideas we realized that we both had completely different styles. I do more 3D, formed cakes with fondant, while she does more with buttercream and tips. I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to do that so we decided to get together and and experiment with this wedding cake. Ashlie has a silent auction for her school coming up and they asked me to make a cake. So we thought this would be a good time to play around. Holy cow. She makes it look SO easy to whip out a rose. Let me just set the record straight. It's not. Hopefully she didn't get too frustrated with me ;). I did make a good one though (see pic)....notice how I said 'one'?! lol I'll keep practicing though. I need to just make some frosting for practice so I'm not so worried about putting them on a cake. :)






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment