Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Honey Cherrio Bars



Emma Kate and I made some yummy new bars today and I thought we would share the recipe since they were SO easy.

Honey Cherrio Bars

1/2 c honey
1/2 c sugar

1/2 c peanut butter

5 c cherrios (we used plain, but the honey ones would work too)

Mix honey and sugar in a saucepan. Wait for the mixture to boil. Add peanut butter. Mix until peanut butter is creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in cheerios. Put into a greased or buttered 9x13 pan. Wait until cooled to cut. Store in airtight container. Yummy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am gonna try this recipe tomorrow. I told my girls about it and they are excited to finally have me baking something with them again. They miss their mom who has been taken away from them by their new baby brother. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Sky and I made these this afternoon. I was hoping to use them for school snacks...but I don't think they're going to last until Monday :) Thanks for the Recipe!!

Bacon Writer said...

Gonna try them... looks Yummy! Thanks for sharing! :) Amanda